Customer: FK Gardner & Sons Group
Location: Rockhampton, QLD
Specifications & Features:
Dowdens Pumping and Water Treatment have successfully installed and commissioned a specialised oil and diesel fuel pump set for Hastings Deering (Rockhampton) on behalf of the FK Gardner & Sons Group.
Project Requirements: The objective of the project was to transfer large quantities of oil and diesel fuel as quickly and efficiently as possible from an onsite fuel store to the 'Engine Dyno' rooms.
Plant's Critical Requirements:
- Supply of oil had to be delivered at a minimum of 20L/min per hose reel
- Diesel fuel was to be transferred from bulk onsite storage tanks to smaller 1000L 'day tanks' - then transferred directly to the 'Engine Dyno' rooms
Key Plant Features:
- Fuel transfer is triggered via ultra sonic level sensors which tell the pumps to start once a minimum level is reached, once the maximum level is reached pumps automatically switch off
- Wilden Air Pumps were used to transfer both the oil and diesel fuel to the 'Engine Dyno' rooms
- 63mm Dura Pipe PLX was used for the diesel lines - this particular poly pipe utilises a durable internal lining to handle diesel fuel
- The process used for the joining the Dura Pipe PLX was 'Electrofusion'
- Existing onsite pipes were 63mm Calair Oil Pro Pipe which is used to transport oil to supply the oil reels in the 'Engine Dyno' rooms
- The process used for the joining of the Calair Oil Pro Pipe was 'Socket Fusion'