Customer: BHP Billiton Mitsubishi Alliance
Completion Date: 3/05/2010
Location: Ethiopia, Horn of Africa
Specifications & Features:
Dowdens Pumping and Water Treatment installed and commissioned a portable potable water treatment plant for BHP Billiton's Potash mining camp in Ethiopia.
Water Quality Requirements: The water quality produced is clean, bacteria, virus and pathogen free.
Water Use: Potable grade water to be used for the drinking, cooking, washing and showering requirements throughout the mining camp.
Daily Treated Water Production: 20.0 KL / day
- Skid mounted system capable of treating 20.0 KL / day of bore water to a potable drinking standard
- Raw water pump
- Bag filter for coarse filtration
- Ultrafiltration (UF) for filtration to <0.2 micron
- Reverse Osmosis (RO) for reduction of dissolved minerals (TDS)
- Carbon filtration for taste, odour and organic removal
- Chlorine dosing for disinfection
- Treated water supply pump
- Backwash and treated water tanks supplied