Customer: Mount Isa Mines
Location: George Fisher Expansion - Mt. Isa, QLD
Specifications & Features:
Dowdens Pumping and Water Treatment were engaged by Mount Isa Mines
to engineer, design and build a customised 'Relocatable Fire Fighting Tank' for use at their George Fisher Expansion Project mine site.
The main challenge was designing and building the unit before viewing the tank that was to be used on the skid. All fabrication, aside from the tank, was undertaken in house with all of the customers contract stipulations being met successfully.
Key 'Relocatable Fire Fighting Tank' Features:
- Access Ladder
- Tyne slots and 2.5 Tonne corner lugs
- 1.5kW 3-Phase DOL start motor
- Stainless Steel starter mechanism with lockable isolator
- 415V 4-Pin appliance inlet fitted to Stainless Steel enclosure
- Grundfos Vertical Multistage pump that generates 83L/min @ 500kpa
- 25mm x 30m Fire Hose Reel (AS1221) with 1600mm base mounted to frame