Customer: Origin Energy
Location: Near Euthulla, QLD
Specifications & Features:
Dowdens Pumping and Water Treatment were contracted by Origin Energy
to design, manufacture, supply, install and commission a Rotating Biological Contactor (RBC) and Ultrafiltration (UF) Sewage Treatment Plant (STP) for a 200 man work camp located at their Spring Gully site - Euthulla (near Roma).
The treated effluent is discharged to an onsite Pongamia plantation via an irrigation system in accordance with criteria from the Class A recycled water guidelines.
STP Water Quality Output:
Class A recycled water
Daily Treated Water Production: 60kL
Incoming raw sewage is deposited in primary holding/settling tanks where primary settlement and anaerobic digestion occurs.
The retention capacity in the holding tanks ensured proper settling of bio-solids and anaerobic digestion occurred. The settling tank effluent then flows through to the rotating disc stage where aerobic treatment takes place.
Effluent from the rotating disc stage then passes through the clarifier. Treated effluent from the clarifier is then pumped through the UF system to further reduce the suspended solids level to meet final treated effluent quality.
The effluent is then dosed with liquid chlorine enabling effective disinfection prior to use for onsite plantation irrigation.
- System is capable of treating 60m3/day of raw sewage into to Class A effluent
- 12.2m3 pump station complete with duty stand-by maceration pumps
- Emergency 30m3 peak flow storage tank
- 2x 1.1kW Rotating Disc Rotor Units
- Electrical Control Panel, Chlorine Disinfection and Filter Room all and housed in refurbished shipping containers with air conditioning and lined panels
- 4x 47kL treated effluent/wet weather storage tanks with interconnecting pipe work
Class 'A' UF Polishing System Components:
- UF polishing system housed in a refurbished shipping container with air conditioning and lined panels
- Chlorine dosing system with 200L tank, level sensor and 2x dosing pumps
- 650L filter backwash tank with level sensor
- PLC based control panel with HMI Touch Screen
- Fully automated irrigation system supplying treated water to Pongamia plantation