Modular Packaged Potable Water Treatment Plant for Quarries
Dowdens Pumping and Water Treatment installed and commissioned four portable potable water treatment plants for Nationwide Civil’s Quarries camp in Blackwater, Queensland.
Nationwide Civil’s Quarries camp requires that the water quality produced is clean, bacteria, virus and pathogen free and can be used as potable grade water to be used for the drinking, cooking, washing and showering requirements throughout the Quarries camp. Due to location the required water source is the Bedford Weir. The quarry requires 25.0 KL of water per day.
Dowdens implemented a four module plant system.
- Coagulant dosing and inline mixer to flocculate suspended solids
- 1 x Automatic booster pump system
- 1 x Automatic sediment filter to remove flocculant and residual solids
- 1 x Automatic carbon filter to reduce organics, taste and odour
- Treated water is stored in a storage tank to feed the Ultrafiltration Water Disinfection system
- 1 x Ultrafiltration Disinfection system to remove solids to less than 0.5 micron rating
- Chlorine dosing system for cleaning UF membrane and residual disinfection
This system provided Nationwide Civil’s Quarries camp with the quality and amount of water required.