Orionstone Heavy Vehicle Wash Bay Facility
Orionstone Pty Ltd is located in Mackay, Queensland, Australia and is part of the Commercial & Industrial Equipment Rental & Leasing Industry. Orionstone has 254 total employees across all of its locations.
Dowdens Pumping and Water Treatment met with Orionstone, who wanted one of their unused buildings on-site in Paget, Mackay, to be converted into a wash bay.
The machinery to be washed was extremely large, and Orionstone also required that both sides of the vehicle be accessed independently while washing was in progress. Orionstone also had limited access to the town water supply.
Dowdens Pumping and Water Treatment suggested Orionstone utilise the two overhead gantries already present on-site. They were also advised they would require several large wash cannons plus a hot/cold pressure washer to efficiently clean the large mining machinery Orionstone had coming through the site. A variable speed pressure system was also recommended.
Orionstone had limited town water supply volume, so then Dowdens installed 2 x 25,000-litre rainwater tanks as reservoirs. These are both fed by town water and rainwater to ensure the wash bay has an uninterrupted supply.
- 2 x 25,000-litre rainwater tanks
- ‘Washmate 5’ Hot / Cold Pressure Washer
- Remote reel for easy access to either side of the wash bay
- Remote control box to control the washer pressure remotely
- 6x high-pressure cannons mounted on overhead gantries
- High-pressure multistage pump
- Associated low-pressure copper piping
- 80mm stainless steel pipework and fittings
Project Design Philosophy
Dowdens Pumping & Water Treatment design philosophy for this project was:
- Ease of Installation
- Simple & Effective Pump Operation
- System Reliability & Reduced Ongoing Maintenance