Overhaul of Rotojet Shearer Boost Pump Set
Dowdens Pumping and Water Treatment have overhauled a Rotojet Shearer boost pump set for the North Goonyella underground Coal Mine (Peabody Energy Australia).
The current skid needed to be sandblasted and repainted, have the motor replaced, and the pump set needed maintenance and damaged or worn parts replaced.
All pumps serviced by Dowdens Pumping and Water Treatment are always thoroughly tested in house before being returned to the site.
The Rotojet Shearer boost pump set was tested at full power (3.3kV) using a supply pump and recirculation tank, testing the entire pump and gearbox for a minimum of one hour.
Key Components Replaced or Repaired
- Pump was overhauled
- All damaged bearings were replaced
- Worn bearing sleeves were replaced
- All seals that had failed were replaced
- Eroded rotors inside the pump were ‘grit’ blasted and repaired with a ceramic coating
- All damaged / missing parts replaced, including:
- Pressure reducer valve
- Check and relief on 1/2″ discharge
- Pressure gauge
- Seal land in manifold