Taloona Sewage Treatment Plant
Dowdens Pumping and Water Treatment were hired to design, manufacture, supply, install and commission a Rotating Biological Contactor Sewage Treatment Plant to be utilised at a 60m3/day 200 man work camp; and supply and install 4 hectares of pop-up sprinklers on site.
Origin Energy required a Sewage Treatment Plant (STP) capable of delivering Class B water with additional nutrient removal and water production of 60m3/day.
Our packaged sewage treatment plants are engineered in-house to meet our client’s specific requirements. Through expert design, manufacture, supply, installation and commissioning our complete turnkey systems utilise our own manufactured products and proprietary equipment supplied to us by our OEM’s.
The Spring Gully STP is capable of treating 60m3/day of raw sewage into Class B effluent from a 12.2m3 pump station complete with duty stand-by maceration pumps. This system features an emergency peak flow storage of 30m3, a primary tank, a chlorine contact tank, and treated effluent tanks.
There is a control panel housed in a containerised control room with fully automated irrigation of treated water and a 135m3 capacity wet weather storage tank installed.
Key Components & Features
- The system is capable of treating 60m3/day of raw sewage into Class B effluent
- 12.2m3 pump station complete with duty stand-by maceration pumps
- Emergency peak flow storage of 30m3
- Primary tank, RBC, clarification, chlorine contact tank, treated effluent tanks
- Control panel housed in a containerised control room
- Fully automated irrigation of treated water
- 135m3 capacity wet weather storage tanks installed
Project Design Philosophy
Dowdens Pumping & Water Treatment design philosophy for this project was:
- Ease of Installation
- Simple and Effective Plant Operation
- System Reliability and Reduced Ongoing Maintenance Costs